Friday, November 2, 2007

2008 BC Reading List

Hi ladies,

As all of you are much better at using the public library than I am I'm listing all our books for 2008 so that you can get on waiting lists if need be. I will still put together a blog entry by month with book/dinner details but this will give you a head start. If I list books that some of you have read or heard something not so good about please let me know and I can make a change. My TBR (to be read) pile is bulging with books. So check back periodically for updates.

** Really I swear those books just jump off the shelves and beg to go home with me. **

January (1/17) - Pope Joan by Donna Woolfolk Cross (fiction; may be based on historical facts)
February (2/21) - The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks (get the hankies out) (fiction)
March (3/20) - Summer People by Brian Groh (fiction)
April (4/17) - Wild Swans by Jung Chang (non-fiction)
May (5/15) - The Hindi-Bindi Club by Monica Pradhan (fiction)
June (6/19) - Intuition by Allegra Goodman (fiction)
July (7/17) - Lost and Found by Carolyn Parkhurst (fiction)
August (8/21) - I, Mona Lisa by Jeanne Kalogridis (fiction with historical happenings of the time used in the story)
September (9/18) - The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs (fiction)
October (10/16) - Comeback by Claire Fontaine & Mia Fontaine (non-fiction)
November (11/20) - Alphabet Weekends by Elizabeth Noble (fiction)
December (12/18) - Thirteen Moons by Charles Frazier (fiction)

I'm listing alternate reading selections in case we change our minds from those listed above. These selections aren't nearly as diverse as our list for 2008 and reflect some of my personal reading tastes right now.

Alternates: 1- Marley & Me by John Grogan; 2 - Around the Next Corner by Elizabeth Wrenn; 3 - Saving Fish From Drowning by Amy Tan; 4 - The Book of Loss by Julith Jedamus; 5 - The Dowry Bride by Shobhan Bantwal; 6 - The Russian Concubine by Kate Furnivall; 7 - Resurrection by Tucker Malarkey; 8 - Beneath A Marble Sky by John Shors; 9 - Sheer Abandon by Penny Vincenzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment