Thursday, January 31, 2008

Quirky ... Booking Through Thursday, 1/31/08


This week’s question is suggested by (blogless) JMutford:
Sometimes I find eccentric characters quirky and fun, other times I find them too unbelievable and annoying. What are some of the more outrageous characters you’ve read, and how do you feel about them?


For the vast majority of my reading I wouldn't say there are any truly quirky or eccentric characters because I would find them just as annoying as I do in the world I inhabit every day. Though I have to admit that what initially came to mind, as I was reading the question, was the cast of characters that share Harry Potter's universe. I'm huge fan of the HP series. The characters, and there are many, as they are written are appropriate to the story lines and therefore not unbelievable and annoying. But for most part if such a character or characters existed in a book I was reading I most likely: 1) wouldn't finish the book; or 2) if I did finish not read anything by that particular author again, especially if those same characters were to make an appearance.

http://btt2.wordpress.com/2008/01/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment