Monday, March 17, 2008

Reading Journal ... Monday, 3/17/08


Beneath a Marble Sky, page 282

This is a wonderful book. I love reading about other cultures and the author does a very good job providing a look into India in the 1600s. The descriptions are vivid without being bogged down in detail. The author draws you in and you "see" the people and the land. The Taj Mahal is one of those magical, mystical places on earth and now I want to go visit more than ever.

I'm not doing a very good job including more non-fiction in the reading diet. I did read A Sense of the World and now I'm back in to historical fiction. Next up is The Russian Concubine by Kate Furnivall. I was drawn to this book by the cover while standing in Target one day.

With each book I read I'm making progress through the TBR piles and getting one book closer to buying my Kindle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment