Saturday, May 31, 2008

Tagged with an Author meme

I was tagged by Kathleen at kbookreviews and Gwen at Litlicense to play this author meme.

Author Meme Rules: Link to the person that tagged you, post the rules somewhere in your meme, answer the questions, tag six people in your post, let the tagees know they’ve been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog, let the tagger know your entry is posted.

1. Who’s your all-time favorite author, and why?
Let's start with a tough one. I would say I don't have one all-time favorite author. I've had several over the years who have come and gone. As my reading tastes change so do authors who I would consider favorites.

OK, OK twist my arm. The "In Death" series by J.D. Robb is a long-time running favorite. I'm always on the hold list at the library for her newest in this series. Now though instant gratification will be mine. I'll be able to order the newest release through my Kindle on it's release date and have it in my hot little hands within a minute. No more waiting for me! And for a person with no patience this better than sliced white bread. 'Nough said. You're either fan or not.

2. Who was your first favorite author, and why? Do you still consider him or her among your favorites?
Marguerite Henry. I remember as a child going to our local library, literally a little two room log cabin, and checking out her books such as Misty of Chincoteague, Misty's Twilight, Stormy: Misty's Foal, et cetera. These stories transported me to world of wild island ponies and fed my girlhood imagine. Like most young girls I was enchanted with horses and went through quite a phase though I knew better to ask for one of my own! At the time I read, and re-read, everything by her that I could get my hands on.

3. Who’s the most recent addition to your list of favorite authors, and why?
Susan Carroll. I have been totally captivated by her Daughter of Earth series ~ The Dark Queen, The Courtesan, The Silver Rose, The Huntress and The Twylight Queen (to be released some time next year). For me this is good historical fiction. The story lines are a bit unique tying together elements of white and black magic with historical time and place.

4. If someone asked you who your favorite authors were right now, which authors would first pop out of your mouth? Are there any you’d add on a moment of further reflection?
In addition to some mentioned earlier in this post here are some all current & long-time favorites: Vince Flynn, Linda O. Johnson, David Baldacci, Deanna Raybourn, Shirley Damsgaard, Michael Connelly.

There aren't any I'd add right now upon reflection but I'm sure by the of the year some might go and some new names might appear.

5. I'm tagging:

1. Planet Books
2. Allison's Attic
3. Ticket to Anywhere
4. 1 More Chapter
5. A Novel Idea
6. Books on the Brain

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww! I remember the Misty books too :) I loved them. Thanks for participating!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag Mark! I had been tagged on this meme by Traci over at Traci's Book Blog just the other day. You can find it at

http://planetbooks.wordpress.com/2008/06/01/tagged-a-little-something-about-me/

as well as a music version of the same meme at

http://planetbooks.wordpress.com/2008/06/02/favorite-music-meme/

Post a Comment