Monday, July 21, 2008

Tuesday Thingers ... Recommendations


It's Tuesday which means Tuesday Thingers hosted by The Boston Bibliophile. Today's topic: Recommendations. Do you use LT's recommendations feature? Have you found any good books by using it? Do you use the anti-recommendations, or the "special sauce" recommendations? How do you find out about books you want to read?

When I first signed up at Librarything I looked at the recommendations but didn't really find anything useful as it was mostly books I'd already read or had in a TBR pile. I was more curious than anything else. I also spent a lot of time on the Connections page looking at the books others were entering into their libraries to see if anything caught my interest. I've found that I don't use LT for recommendations. I find books that interest me through the blogs of fellow book bloggers, dedicated book websites, newsletters, magazines, newspapers, and my local library.

** I'm using new "Blogger in Draft" features so things go a bit haywire I apologize.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment