Sunday, December 23, 2007

There's No Place Like Here by Cecelia Ahern


Overview: Ever since she was a child, Sandy Shortt has been obsessed with finding things. Now grown, her obsession has turned into a calling, with her own agency dedicated to finding missing persons. But with every failed case, Sandy is plagued with questions: Where do missing people go? Are they alive or dead? Did they intend to disappear? And then, suddenly, Sandy finds that she, herself, has gone missing, and that she has found all the answers she's always searched for in a magical place where all lost things and people go. A romance that explores the meaning of loss and love, this is Cecelia Ahern's most satisfying, most entrancing novel yet.

My review: Let's just say I'm happy this isn't the first book by Cecelia Ahern that I've read. If it had been it would also the be the last one. I've read P.S. I Love You and If You Could See Me Now. Both those books were very enjoyable, this one was very forgettable. Not only was Sandy Shortt lost but so was I, from the very beginning. I found the story annoying. Is she dead or alive? Is this all part of her very over active imagination? Does she get "found" ? Is she really "lost" and what is "lost" anyway? By now, do I really care? I felt this had more to in common with Alice in Wonderland than the Wizard of Oz. I felt like I'd fallen down the rabbit hole. The only reason I finished this book is because I was reading it for the Early Reviewers group on Librarything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment