Thursday, February 7, 2008

But, Enough About Books ... Booking Through Thursday, 2/7/2008


Okay, even I can’t read ALL the time, so I’m guessing that you folks might voluntarily shut the covers from time to time as well… What else do you do with your leisure to pass the time? Walk the dog? Knit? Run marathons? Construct grandfather clocks? Collect eggshells?

Well considering I work for the world's leading provider of satellite entertainment TV runs a very close 2nd in our house. Our DVRs (upstairs and down) are always working overtime. We record 99% of what we watch and skip commercials. DVRs are a wonderful invention. I'm sure I'd watch a LOT less if we didn't have them. The hubby doesn't help either considering he's TV junkie, said with loving affection.

I haven't picked up a cross stitch project in over 2 years because the children (read: cats) get their noses out of joint when mom's lap is suddenly unavailable. It's been staked out as their private domain and they even have a hierarchy as to who sits where. Doesn't everyone know it's much easier to hold your book in a position that doesn't bother the furry lap rug then to try and read patterns and poke tiny needles in even tinier holes.



http://btt2.wordpress.com/2008/02/

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to totally agree about the DVR! Mine is 80% full right now! I have some catching up to do! :-)

Literary Feline said...

What was life like before the DVR? I am not sure I remember anymore. :-)

I do understand about the children. I used to like putting puzzles together, but it's impossible with the cat around. Even sitting here at the computer, I have to split my attention between playing fetch with the dog as I read and type. But we do love them, don't we? Life just wouldn't be the same without them.

karen! said...

This week's BTT has been really fun. I enjoy reading about what everyone else does with the rest of their free time.

I knit, myself, and it's always amusing when the cats are around. One is intrigues by the yarn, the other loves needles (especially single-points because she can bat at the ends) and sitting on whatever it is I'm working on.

Post a Comment