Monday, February 18, 2008

Reading Journal ... Monday, 2/18/08

This is something different for me and I thought I'd give it a try. I'm going to track my daily progress, and other things bookish in my life this year, just to see where the reading road takes me.

I just finished The Courtesan by Susan Carroll. I read the last 169 pages yesterday. It seemed like this book took a while to get through. I usually finish a book in 3 or 4 days but this one actually took an entire week. I started reading it on 2/11 and finished 2/17. Life seemed to have intruded on my reading time. I'm looking forward to reading the last book in this trilogy, The Silver Rose, but have step away to read my f2f BC book.

Speaking of...I'll be starting The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks for my f2f BC which meets Thursday this week. I should be able to finish it if I can just carve out the reading time. Oh well if I don't have it done the world won't end. I'll have given it my best shot. We don't really spend a lot of time, if any, discussing the book selections. We use the selections as more of a way to expand our reading horizons and try authors or genres that we wouldn't normally read on our own.

1 Comment:

Marg said...

Susan Carroll's latest book, The Huntress, is connected to this series too. I haven't read The Huntress yet, but I plan to.

Post a Comment