Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Reading Journal ... Tuesday, 2/19/08


Reading: The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks, page 200

I read more the I anticipated I'd be able to yesterday. I'm 2/3 of the way through The Guardian. Book club is Thursday night so I should be able to get it finished and started on another before then. Now that I've dropped the idea of reading challenges I don't feel the pressure to have to read and the enjoyment is back.

This isn't exactly the book I thought it would be. I thought it would be much more of a romance. I've read 3 other books by this author and especially enjoyed The Wedding. The writing is stiff almost forced, maybe to meet a publishing deadline, instead of flowing. This story is very cliched and right from the start you know the ending. I picked this originally because I thought it would make a nice romantic read as this is the month of love but it's not turning out that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment