Monday, February 25, 2008

Reading Journal ... Monday, 2/25/08


Finished Secret of the Scroll by Chester D. Campbell


Reading The Huntress by Susan Carroll, page 45

Finished the Secret of the Scroll last night. It was decent for a first book by the author. I'm not raving about it but I would read the 2nd in the series and go from there.

I'm back with some favorite characters again in The Huntress. So far Catriona O'Hanlon and Martin le Loup along with Ariane Deauville (Cheney) have made appearances though many other characters have been mentioned. Cat is out to protect Meg, Martin's daughter, from the coven of the Silver Rose so there's sure to be plenty of action and friction. This is a wonderful series and I'll be sad to finish this book as the next one is not out until early next year.

I'm thinking of moving back into non-fiction when I finish The Huntress. Usually I try to mix fiction and non-fiction though I haven't been very good lately in doing so. I have Mayflower: A Story of Courage, Community and War by Nathaniel Philbrick and The River of Doubt: Theodore Roosevelt's Darkest Journey by Candice Millard in the TBR piles so one of those is most likely up next unless one of my ARCs arrives. Truly I can't wait to get my hands on Strangers in Death by J.D. Robb but I'm practicing patience as it should be the hands of the postal service to be delivered at their whim.

1 Comment:

Lori L said...

I like to mix fiction and non-fiction too, and, alas, I've also done a poor job of it this year.

Post a Comment