Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Reading Journal ... Wednesday, 2/27/08


Reading The Huntress by Susan Carroll, page 328


Up next Ask Again Later by Jill A. Davis

I blew through 153 pages yesterday. These books are so addicting I can't seem to put them down for long which is a good thing. It's much better than slogging through a book. There's nothing more torturous than struggling to read a book that just isn't entertaining or interesting for whatever reason. I employ the 50 page rule unless it's a favorite author and then I'll probably double that to 100 pages. But if I'm not interested by page 100 by the wayside it goes. There are just too many books that need my attention as evidenced by the TBR piles in my house.

The mail delivered yet another gift ~ Ask Again Later by Jill A. Davis arrived. It's a book I was offered through Authors On The Web. Actually it was one I was thinking of for book club in '09 but now the ladies will miss their chance as I have it in my hot little hands. So the non-fiction books up next have moved down a notch on the reading post and Ask Again Later takes top spot. Whenever a book that was offered to me through Authors on the Web or Early Reviewers at Librarything arrives I always move them to next in line. I receive these books in return for my thoughts about them so I feel that I should honor that request by reading them soon as I can. It's a privilege to be offered these books and not one I intend to abuse.

Update: Today's mail brought another book ~ Strangers in Death by J.D. Robb. Now my dilemma is which to read first: Ask Again Later or Strangers in Death. I'll probably read Ask Again Later first so that I have the pleasure of looking forward to Strangers in Death. Though I'm such a huge J.D. Robb/Nora Roberts fan it's torture not to dig right in to Strangers in Death.

I'll be away for a few days so I'll be checking back in early next week.

1 Comment:

Richard said...

Loved reading thiis thank you

Post a Comment