Sunday, March 23, 2008

Reading Journal ... Sunday, 3/23/08


Nothing to Fear but Ferrets, page 48

I finished The Russian Concubine yesterday. It falls somewhere between so-so and recommended. It was a pleasant read but nothing that really grabbed me. Definitely the last 100 pages were the best. The title doesn't appear to have much to do with the actual story so in a way was misleading. I'll be posting my official thoughts tomorrow under Book Reviews - 2008.

I've started Nothing to Fear but Ferrets. 2nd book in the Kendra Ballantyne, pet-sitter mystery series. I enjoyed the 1st book so I'm back for a second helping. I can associate with the lead character as I pet sat for a number of years. Luckily I never encountered any dead bodies, animals or human. The books are smartly written and filled with witty humor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment