Thursday, March 6, 2008

Reading Journal ... Thursday, 3/6/08


The Forgery of Venus, page 1

I finished reading Strangers in Death by J.D. Robb and loved it. The "In Death" series is my favorite and I'm already looking forward to November when the next installment is due. The review is posted under Book Reviews - 2008. I'm starting The Forgery of Venus by Michael Gruber. He is a new-to-me author and I got this book through the Early Reviewers program at Librarything. I have no idea what to expect nor have I read any of the comments posted on the Early Reviewers forum as I don't want to be influenced by what others think before I start.

I've started checking out the spotlighted author each month at Mystery Lovers Corner. For March Cyndia Depre is spotlighted and I ordered her 1st book, Amanda's Rib, through Amazon with some of those precious gift $$$. More "no guilt" book buying.


After looking over January and February's reading stats I discovered something I'd never really given any thought to. My spouse thinks the TBR piles are growing and I'm happy to say for both months the books I've bought match exactly with the number I've read. The piles are holding steady.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment