Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Reading Journal ... Tuesday, 3/11/08


A Sense of the World, page 159

Finally a book I can sink my teeth into. I read 158 pages yesterday so it must be holding my attention. Actually this book quite engrossing. Just think about traveling by yourself, you're blind, and it's the early to mid 1800s. That's exactly what our main character Mr. James Holman does. And these just aren't day trips or weekends to a nice resort. Oh no, Mr. Holman is traveling the world and going places few people of the time ever went. I read until 1230am last night as I just didn't want to put it down. This is one of better books I've read lately. It's so nice to add some non-fiction to the book diet.

I went and peeked at the Amazon Kindle today. Watched their video. I've been interested since it first appeared at the end of last year. It would be so nice for traveling and work but the cost is a bit high. I'm also waiting for others to test drive before I jump in and buy one. I'm keeping a watch on the Kindle group at Librarything and reviews for it across the web. Now if I can just keep myself from buying more paper books this year I can justify buying one before vacation. I've made a vow to keep a list of what I want, buy my Kindle and download them there. Just think having access to all those books in the Amazon Kindle library while sitting on a beach in Cancun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment