Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Reading Journal ... Wednesday, 3/19/08


The Russian Concubine, page 111

I'm back into historical fiction. I just can't seem to get away from it but that's most likely because my TRB piles are loaded with this genre and as I'm working my way through them I'll be reading a lot of it. This book is set in China in the early 19oos so it's another interesting cultural lesson. I just love reading about other cultures especially in earlier times.

Earlier this week I finished an absolutely wonderful book Beneath a Marble Sky. I was enchanted and captivated by the back story of the Taj Mahal. It is one of my top books so far this year and March hasn't been a great reading month. I was so taken with the book that I emailed the author. I actually heard back the same day! I've never done that before and it's a bit of rush to open email and see a response from an author.

I snagged an Early Reviewers book from the March batch at Librarything. It is Rosalind Laker's Venetian Mask. More historical fiction. Now I get to look forward to something in the mail besides junk!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment