Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Kindle ... arrived today!


It definitely felt like Christmas at my house today. Not only did I receive Apples and Oranges: My Brother and Me, Lost and Found by Maria Brenner in the mail today from Nicole at Authors on the Web but my Amazon Kindle arrived courtesy of the UPS man.


I haven't fallen in love this fast with a piece of technology before. I unpacked it, quickly read the users manual provided on the Kindle (paper copy also included), purchased a brand new best seller for $9.99 and had it delivered in under a minute. All of this start to finish took maybe 10 minutes, 15 minutes tops. I don't buy hardbacks. Normally I'm on the hold list at the library, waiting sometimes weeks or months for my turn to come around. Or I wait until the paperback version comes out a year later and then start haunting the used bookstores for a copy. Now instant gratification. For a person who lacks in the patience department this is the perfect toy. Another plus is no more overweight bags when going on vacation because I've loaded up on books which, of course, are necessities compared to, say, clothing and suntan lotion.

Having 200+ books at my fingertips is a reader's delight. All those wonderful titles to choose from and no waiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment