Thursday, May 1, 2008

Reading Journal ... Thursday, 5/1/08

Takeover by Lisa Black, page 160 (no cover image available)

This a good read from a debut author. I'm about 1/2 way through. It's been moving along at a good pace with just the right amount of tension. The characters are an interesting mix and you never quite know what her lead character or hostage takers are going to do and what their ultimate plans might be. There is definitely suspense here and, I believe, she is achieving her writing goal.

I was able to play the Booking Through Thursdays (http://btt2.wordpress.com/2008/05/) meme today. I haven't done this in so long and really missed answering book(ish) questions. Today's was an easy one: At the airport, no book in hand, what do you do? Check out the link for answers.

April's reading stats below. While not the usual number of books for me, it's low ~ about 1/2 my usual consumption ~ I've taken into account I worked double shifts the whole month so I didn't do too bad.

1. The Appeal by John Grisham
2. A Rose for the Crown by Anne Easter Smith
3. Franklin and Lucy by Joseph E. Persico/Early Reviewers
4. The Venetian Mask by Rosalind Laker/Early Reviewers
5. Predatory Game by Christine Feehan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment