Thursday, May 1, 2008

Mayday ... Booking Through Thursday - 5/1/08


Quick! It’s an emergency! You just got an urgent call about a family emergency and had to rush to the airport with barely time to grab your wallet and your passport. But now, you’re stuck at the airport with nothing to read. What do you do??

And, no, you did NOT have time to grab your bookbag, or the book next to your bed. You were . . . grocery shopping when you got the call and have nothing with you but your wallet and your passport (which you fortuitously brought with you in case they asked for ID in the ethnic food aisle). This is hypothetical, remember….


I immediately head into withdrawal, tremors wrack my body and desperation sets in when I realize that I'm bookless. Only by heading to the closest book seller at the airport and surrounding myself with "friends" does the recovery process start. If I happen to be reading a current best seller I'll simply replace it. I have no problem buying a 2nd copy as it's for a good cause. If I can't replace my current reading selection I will start seeking out favorite authors in hopes that I can find a treasure in the form a book that I haven't read yet. If no replacement copy or favorite author I'll take a chance on a new-to-me author that I've been wanting to try and just haven't gotten around to due the towering TBR piles that have taken over my home office. As a last resort I'll buy a magazine. I can't leave empty handed. I must have something to read.

http://btt2.wordpress.com/2008/05/

2 Comments:

Literary Feline said...

I would consider buying a duplicate too, especially if I was really invested in the book and didn't want to start another one until I finished with that one first.

Susan O'Bryant said...

I love how you call books your "friends" - I think of mine the same way! :)

Post a Comment