Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tuesday Thingers...


Marie at The Boston Bibliophile asks: how many books do you have cataloged in your LibraryThing account? How do you decide what to include- everything you have, everything you've read- and are there things you leave off?

My LT library has almost reached the 1,200 book mark. It includes a combination of books I've read over the last 10+ years that I managed to track, books from my TBR pile and some wish list books. It does fluctuate as I've taken some TBR books out that I'll never read and donated to the local bookstore.

I mainly use LT to track what I've read or plan to read. I own very few of the books catalogued as I don't tend to re-read. I use to keep an Excel spreadsheet to track what I've read but it was getting out of control. Then I discovered LT about an year and half ago and I've been hooked ever since.

5 Comments:

Marie Cloutier said...

LT is totally addictive. i like the excel idea too but i am also totally hooked on my little catalog. :-)

My Journey Through Reading... said...

I am doing both an Excel spreadsheet and catalogin on LT. I have all of the formulas entered to track pages and progress which LT doesn't have.

Anonymous said...

Must be easier to keep track of your books than Excel. I can't imagine having a spreadsheet that large!

Jacquie L Reaville said...

I use excel for my 50 Book Challenge but I couldn't imagine using it for the whole library.

Literary Feline said...

I love lists and so I do have a listing of all the books I've read since I started keeping track and also a separate wish list, but I use LT strictly for books I actually own. It's been a bit of a dilemma with the Early Review books that I have given away, but I ended up breaking my rule and keeping them on with a tag noting that I no longer own the book.

Post a Comment