Monday, July 21, 2008

Reading Journal ... the latest from the library



What Angels Fear: A Sebastian St. Cyr Mystery
C.S Harris
Signet, 2006
432 pages
Historical fiction, mystery
1st in a series
My impression: A solid historical murder mystery set in England in early 1800s. Not a cozy by any means ~ there are vicious murders and rape. I enjoyed this book start to finish and plan to read the others in this series.



Tribute
Nora Roberts
Putnam Adult, 2008
Womens fiction
464 pages
My impression: First of all I'm a big Nora Roberts fan ~ her mainstream fiction and the "In Death" series written as J.D. Robb. That said this one didn't grab me like most of her others have. Her writing style from the "In Death" series is starting to bleed over into her womens fiction work and I'm not sure that it suits these type of story lines. I'm glad I read it but I'm not raving about it. I'm also wondering if she's starting to write too much in a year and writing to meet deadlines.

2 Comments:

Lori Thornton said...

I've been wondering about the Harris book. I've got it in my wish list but I haven't run across it at the used bookstore yet.

Marcia said...

Hi Lori~
I really did enjoy "What Angels Fear." It had been on my Amazon wishlist for a while and I figured it was about time it moved off of there. I read it a span of two days so that means it catch my attention and kept it. I had to put it down so that dinner would get made and the laundry done.

Post a Comment