Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Reading Journal ... Tuesday, 3/4/08


Reading Strangers in Death, page 126

Been away since last Thursday at the NASCAR race in Vegas. Boy does that ever put one behind the 8-ball. I had so much catching up to do with the blog and Librarything that I've spent most of today not reading like I wanted to.

I'm back with old friends in Strangers in Death. This is one series I can't get enough of. Eve and the gang are so entertaining. Even though I don't read anthologies I've bought the 4 that contain J.D. Robb short stories just so I can get more of my fix of the "In Death" series.

It was like Christmas and my birthday all in one when checking the mail Monday night ~ books, books, books. My Early Reviewers' book, The Forgery of Venus by Michael Gruber arrived so that tops the reading list. I also got my copy of Girlbomb by Janice Erlbaum. This is the prequel to Have You Found Her by the same author that I snagged through Early Reviewers. Random House was nice enough to send copies to those who provided feedback on Have You Found Her. I also received a 2nd copy of Strangers in Death which I've since passed along to another reader.

Stopped by Costco on the way home from Vegas and shopped for books of course. Just can't resist brand new books. I picked up Saving the World & Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson; The Unknown Terrorist by Richard Flanagan; Immortal by Traci L. Slatton; & Patriot Hearts: A Novel by Barbara Hambly.


February Stats:

Books bought
And Only To Deceive by Tasha Alexander
The Night Journal by Elizabeth Crook
The Scent of Rosa's Oil by Lina Simoni
Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
Daughter of York by Anne Easter Smith
A Rose for the Crown by Anne Easter Smith
Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin
Mine Till Midnight by Lisa Kleypas
Peony in Love by Lisa See
They Did It with Love by Kate Moregnroth

Library
The Courtesan by Susan Carroll

Authors on the Web
Ask Again Later by Jill A. Davis
Strangers in Death by J.D. Robb


Early Reviewers
Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah (2008)
Gardens of Water: A Novel by Alan Drew (2008)

Books read
1 - The Huntress: A Novel (Dark Queen) by Susan Carroll (2007)
2 - Secret of the Scroll by Chester Campbell (2002)
3 - The Silver Rose: A Novel by Susan Carroll (2006)
4 - The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks (2005)
5 - The Courtesan: A Novel by Susan Carroll (2005)
6 - The Darkest Evening of the Year by Dean Koontz (2007)
7 - The Dark Queen: A Novel by Susan Carroll (2005)
8 - Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah (2008)
9 - Gardens of Water: A Novel by Alan Drew (2008)


Total pages: 3,869

0 Comments:

Post a Comment