Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tuesday Thingers...


This week's topic: Discussion groups. Do you belong to any (besides Early Reviewers)? Approximately how many? Are there any in particular that you participate in more avidly? How often do you check?

So I actually had to stop by Librarything before answering just to check the groups that I'm either a member of or just watching. The total is 12. By nature I'm an introvert and that trait has followed me into the virtual world. I'm much more likely to listen, or in this case read, than actively participate. I like to hang back, mull over what's being discussed and then possibly offer something to the group. No jumping in feet first for me. I'm gatherer not a hunter. For me my most active group is the 50 book challenge and that's not really a discussion group as are most others so it fits my introverted personality. I usually check in 3 to 4 times a week just to see what's going on.

Thank you to Marie at The Boston Bibliophile for hosting this new LT meme.

4 Comments:

jlshall said...

I tend to be a "gatherer," too - that's a very good description!

B. Flaherty said...

I looked at joining the 50 book challenge group, and I noticed there is not a lot of interaction between the members. A lot of times it's just members updating their own thread which can be done on a blog. Does being a member of the 50 book challenge group have any indirect influence over your reading choices?

Anonymous said...

I'm naturally shy and not usually a discussion leader either... but books are one are of my life that I feel comfortable or knowledgeable about :)

Jacquie L Reaville said...

I read comments, sometimes I post if the topic is really interesting to me, I "gather" book recommendations a lot but I also "hunt down" interesting blogs and make myself known - when I have the time... not sure what that makes me LOL.

Post a Comment